The Requirement G6
Requirement: Food preparation areas G6 A suitable sink must be provided in any area where food is prepared.
Performance In the Secretary of State’s view Requirement G6 will be met if a sink is provided in any place used for the preparation of food (including a kitchen). Where a dishwasher is provided in a separate room, an additional sink need not be provided in that room.
Scale of provision in dwellings
6.1 A sink should be provided in any kitchen or place used for the preparation of food. 6.2 Where a dishwasher is provided in a separate room that is not the principal place for the preparation of food, an additional sink need not be provided in that room.
Scale of provision in buildings other than dwellings
6.3 In all buildings other than dwellings, there should be at least the same provision as described in 6.1. 6.4 In buildings where the Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/14) and the Food Hygiene (Wales) Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/31 W5) apply, separate hand washing facilities may be needed. This is in addition to any hand washing facilities associated with WCs in accordance with Requirement G4.
Discharges to drains
Note: See Approved Document for Requirement H1 Sanitary pipework and drainage for guidance on provision for traps, branch discharge pipes, discharge stacks and foul drains. 6.5 Any sink should discharge through a grating, a trap and a branch discharge pipe to an adequate system of drainage.
- Table 2.1 Maximum fittings consumption
- Table 2.2 Maximum fittings consumption optional requirement level
- Table 3.1 Sizing of copper discharge pipe 'D2' for common temperature relief valve outlet sizes
- Table A1 The water efficiency calculator
- Table A2.1 Consumption calculator for multiple taps
- Table A2.2 Consumption calculator for multiple baths
- Table A2.3 Consumption calculator for multiple taps
- Table A2.4 Consumption calculator for multiple dishwashers
- Table A2.5 Consumption calculator for multiple washing machines
- Table A2.6 Consumption calculator for multiple showers
- Table A2.7 Consumption calculator for multiple WCs
- Table A3 Water softener consumption calculation
- Table A4.1 Greywater demand calculations - WCs
- Table A4.2 Greywater demand calculations - washing machines
- Table A4.3 Greywater collection calculations - taps
- Table A4.4 Greywater collection calculations - showers
- Table A4.5 Greywater collection calculations - baths
- Table A4.6 Greywater collection calculation
- Table A5.1 Rainwater collection calculation - BS 8515 intermediate approach
- Table A5.2 Rainwater collection calculation - BS 8515 detailed approach
- Table A5.3 Rainwater demand calculations - WCs
- Table A5.4 Rainwater demand calculations - washing machines
- Table A5.5 Rainwater saving calculations for new dwellings