- Part C
- Main Changes
MAIN CHANGES MADE BY THE 2013 AMENDMENTS
The main changes, which apply only to England*, are to:
- Guidance on radon protective
- References to British Standards design standards.
- Contaminated land guidance, including removal of Annex A.
- Materials and workmanship
There have been no changes to Part A of Schedule 1 to the Building Regulations.
MAIN CHANGES MADE BY THE 2010 AMENDMENTS
The 2010 amendments reflect the Building Regulations 2010 and Building (Approved Inspectors etc) Regulations 2010. The changes mainly reflect regulation number changes as a result of re-ordering. There have been no amendments to the substantive requirements in Part C of Schedule 1 to the Building Regulations.
MAIN CHANGES IN THE 2004 EDITION
This edition replaced the 1992 (with 2000 amendments) edition. The main changes were:
- Site investigation recommended as the method for determining how much unsuitable material should be
- Requirement C1(2) applied to material change of use as set out in Regulations 5 and 6.
- Remedial measures for dealing with land affected by contaminants expanded to include biological, chemical and physical treatment
- The area of land around the building subject to measures to deal with contaminants.
- Guidance on protection from radon expanded to include buildings other than dwellings.
- Guidance included on sub-soil drainage and the risk of transportation of water-born
- New guidance on condensation risks to floors, walls and roofs.
- Guidance provided on the use of moisture resistance boards for flooring.
- Updated guidance on assessing the suitability of cavity walls for filling.
- Former requirement F2; Condensation in roofs, transferred to Part C.