- Part G
- Main Changes in the 2015 Edition
Main Changes in the 2015 Edition
This approved document supports Regulation 36 and Part G of Schedule 1 to the Building Regulations 2010. It takes effect on 1 October 2015 for use in England*. The 2010 edition, as amended, will continue to apply to work started before 1 October 2015 or work subject to a building notice, full plans application or initial notice submitted before that date.
The main changes are:
• Introduction of an optional requirement for tighter water efﬁciency in Regulation 36 (section G2).
• Introduction of a ﬁttings approach as an alternative to using the water efﬁciency calculator (section G2).
• Inclusion of the water efﬁciency calculator methodology into this approved document, with minor alterations resulting from European efﬁciency labelling and consequential amendments resulting from removal of references to the Code for Sustainable Homes (Appendix A).
• The annex listing the relevant competent person self-certiﬁcation schemes has been deleted.
CHANGE MADE BY THE 2016 AMENDMENTS
The change, made to section G2, requires the water efﬁciency calculator to be completed for new dwellings where a shower will not be provided.