This service is provided for residents of England and Wales only – do not use this service if you live elsewhere.
1. Acceptance of this service’s Terms and Conditions
By using this service you confirm that you are a resident of England or Wales and you are deemed to understand, consent to and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not understand and agree to these terms and conditions you should not use this service.
- The term ‘The Building Regulations App’ is the trading name of Building Compliance Limited.
- The term ‘The Building Regulations website’ means the URL www.thebuildingregulations.org.uk and associated pages.
- The term ‘Regulations’ means the regulations as defined on http://www.planningportal.gov.uk
- The term ‘law’ shall be construed as a reference to any law (including common or customary law), statute, judgment, regulation, directive, bye law, order, ordinance or any other legislative measure of any government, supranational, local government, statutory or regulatory body or court, in each case having the force of law.
3. Copyright of the information of Approved Documents
The information used in ‘The Building Regulations App’ is reprinted under © Crown copyright. The reproduced material is acknowledged as Crown Copyright and the title of the publications are all the Approved Documents. The Department for Communities and Local Government does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy and comprehensiveness of any other versions.
© Crown copyright
The Approved Documents are published by NBS for the Department for Communities and Local Government (formerly the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister).
The approved documents have been approved by Ministers and has official status. Copyright in the contents, the cover, the design and the typographical arrangement of this publication rests with the Crown unless otherwise stated. The contents of this publication may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium for the purposes of private research and study or for internal circulation within an organisation. This is subject to the contents being reproduced accurately and not in a way that implies official status.
As a republisher we have reproduced the content of this publication however we have not used or replicated the DCLG or other logos, or replicated the official version’s style and appearance, including the cover design, and our publication is not an official publication as we do not wish to confuse the public.
The reproduced material is acknowledged as Crown Copyright and the titles of the publication are specified and referenced throughout. We acknowledge that The Department for Communities and Local Government does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy and comprehensiveness of any other versions.
Building Compliance Ltd does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy and comprehensiveness of our version.
4. Information provided
The information in ‘The Building Regulations App’ has been reprinted under Crown copyright from the Approved Documents are intended to provide guidance for some of the more common building situations. Building Compliance Ltd does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy and comprehensiveness of any our republished material.
The information provided in the FAQs (’Frequently Asked Questions ‘) section is the opinion of industry experts however this is objective and not legally binding information.
Please note there may well be alternative ways of achieving compliance with the requirements. Thus there is no obligation to adopt any particular solution contained in an Approved Document if it is preferred to meet the relevant requirement in some other way.
You agree that all information is used as reference material only and that compliance with the Building Regulations must be adhered to and checked with to ensure it meets the requirements of the Approved Documents Documents are published by NBS for the Department for Communities and Local Government (formerly the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister).
Building Compliance Ltd does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy and comprehensiveness of our republished version.
5. Scope of services provided
This service is provided for residents of the England and Wales only. This is intended as an information resource to allow individuals / companies / professionals make decisions to ensure better building and compliance with the regulations.
7. Vulnerabilities of certain types of communications
The online nature of the services we provide necessarily relies upon using electronic communication. There are inherent vulnerabilities in using such forms of communication and we are therefore unable to give a guarantee that a third party unrelated to our service will not intercept communications. We use secure technology, including firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to protect information submitted through this website and have procedures in place to ensure data is protected from unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage. Accordingly, the most secure and confidential way to communicate with us is by logging into your account on our website and sending us a message, ensuring any computer, device or telephone you use is suitably protected from potential interception.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances will Building Compliance Ltd and its associated websites or smartphone apps be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- loss of data
- loss of revenue or anticipated profits
- loss of business
- loss of opportunity
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation
- losses suffered by third parties
- costs of any works carried out on site or in design which do not comply
- any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Building Compliance Ltd services regardless of the form of action.
- Nothing in this clause is intended to exclude or limit Building Compliance Ltd liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or fraud.
- You agree that to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Building Compliance Ltd makes no representations or warranties with respect to any information, advice or action relied on or followed by any person/company/professional using the Building Compliance Ltd service.
- Building Compliance Ltd does not warrant that the Building Compliance Ltd websites/apps or this service in general will be either available without interruption or error-free or that the website, server, hardware and software that support the Building Compliance Ltd service are free from viruses or something that may interfere with the normal operations of your systems. Building Compliance Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the transmission of data as may occur during communications with Building Compliance Ltd.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Building Compliance Ltd disclaims any liability resulting from the provision of services by third party providers. Liability shall rest with the appropriate third party provider and shall not under any circumstance be deemed to rest with Building Compliance Ltd.
9. Exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts
If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reasons of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the agreement and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. The above terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
10. Change to Terms and Conditions
Building Compliance Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of the website/apps and the entire Building Compliance Ltd service after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified by the posted changes.